Two weeks? Sure! I can leave in two weeks!!
Early this February I had a recruiter ask me, “hypothetically, could you be ready to leave in two weeks? We’re still in need of another…” I enthusiastically said yes. Then, I spent the next few days purchasing everything I might possibly need for a stint on the ice just in case that hypothetical situation turned into a real situation. It didn’t. However I still have all my items ready and identified. Erica and I discussed it, and she’s about to go get her items together too.
I could do all of these pretty quickly or have my mother take care of some of them. So… two weeks? Easy. I could manage to leave with 2 days notice as long as I had enough cash on hand to buy my extra toiletries.
I’ve written a similar list previously, but life is a little different now. Outside of physical packing I’d also need to:
- Take/pass all PQ requirements as required by the USAP program and complete all paperwork
- Set up Power-of-Attorney with my mother for while I’m away
- Let my banks and billers know what is happening
- Change car insurance plan to me being a non-driver temporarily
- Cancel Netflix and all other reoccuring subscription services
- Schedule payments to come out automatically for the time I’m gone
- Talk to health insurance about changes and getting all needed prescriptions
- Call doctors offices to set up appointments and get prescriptions
- Find a foster home for my two cats
- Consolidate my personal items to one space/storage unit and give keys to Mom
- Storage for vehicle
- Storage for camper
- Quit my current job(s)
- Put Google Fi service on hold/lowest plan and set up a Denver Google Voice number
- Upload as much local music to my phone as possible and movies/TV shows to my external harddrive
- Register to vote from afar
- Purchase ChromeBook replacement screen and install quickly
- Set up to work offline
- Call my hair stylist and get my hair colored to something that will grow out okay!
- Test Kindle and other devices offline